- Technical cookies: indispensable for the correct operation of a website and for the user’s browsing therein. Without them, users may not be able to display pages correctly, or to use certain services.
- Profiling cookies: they are used for the creation of user profiles to send advertising messages according to the preferences expressed by the user during browsing.
Cookies, whether “technical” or “profiling”, may also be classified as follows:
- “session” cookies, which are deleted as soon as the browser is shut down;
- “persistent” cookies, which stay on the browser for a certain amount of time. Such cookies are used, for example, for the recognition of a device connected to a website, thus facilitating the user identity control procedures;
- “first party” cookies, which are created and controlled directly by the administrator of the website which the user browses;
- “third-party” cookies, which are created and controlled by parties other than the administrator of the website which the user browses.
The Website uses “technical” cookies and, in particular, the following types of cookies:
- i) first party cookies, session cookies or persistent cookies, necessary for browsing the Website, for internal system security and administration;
- ii) third-party cookies, persistent cookies, used by the Website to send statistical information to Google Analytics, through which the Company may carry out a statistical analysis of access/visits to the Website. The cookies used serve exclusively statistical purposes and collect aggregated information. By using two types of cookies, persistent cookies and session cookies (which expire when the browser is shut down), Google Analytics also stores a register with the start and end times of the visit to the Website. You may hinder Google from collecting data through cookies and the subsequent processing of the data, by downloading and installing the browser add-on from the following address: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it
You may select the cookies to which you will consent. In the case of third-party cookies, the users provide or refuse to provide their consent directly to the owner of said cookies, to whom the Company just refers: most third-party cookies on the website may be disabled by the users in their own browser or by a direct visit to the websites of their operators, by using the links mentioned in the table below. In any case, we would like to point out that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use the Website and/or to take full advantage of all available functionalities and services.
Instructions on how to disable cookies in various browsers:
- Select the menu in the upper right-hand side of the browser’s toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select the link Show advanced settings
- In the Privacy section, select Content settings
- In the Cookies section, change the following settings based on the action required to manage cookies:
Allow websites to store and read cookie data
- Keep local data only until you quit your browser
- Block third-party cookies
- Prevent third-party websites from saving and reading cookie data
- Manage exceptions for certain Internet locations
- All cookies and website data
For more information please visit the related Google page
- Click on the menu in the upper right-hand side of the browser’s toolbar
- Select Options
- Select the Privacy section
- In the Tracking section, select the appropriate button, if you wish to communicate with the website you do not wish to be tracked by
- In the History section, select Use Custom Settings from the drop-down menu to change the following settings, depending on the action you wish to take regarding cookies:
Accept cookies from websites (select the appropriate button).
- Accept third-party cookies (select one of the following options from the drop-down menu: always, from websites with the most visits, or never).
- Store them for a certain period of time (select one of the following options from the drop-down menu: until they expire, when Firefox is closed, or every time).
- Again in the History section, select Show cookies, if you want to delete the cookies on your computer.
For more information please visit the related Mozilla page
- Click on the Tools button
- Select Internet Options
- Select Privacy
- In the scroll menu, select one of the following options. Change the following settings, depending on what action you wish to take to manage cookies:
Disable all cookies
- Moderate to High
- Accept all cookies
- Select specific websites from which you will accept cookies: click on the “Sites” option and in the “Address of Website” field enter a website address; then click on “Block” or “Allow”
For more information please visit the related Microsoft page
- Open Safari
- Click Safari
- Select Preferences and then click on the Privacy option
- In the “Block cookies” section, select the way in which Safari will handle cookies.
- Click on the Details option to see which websites have stored their cookies
For more information please visit the related Apple page
- Open Opera
- Select “Settings” in the main menu on the upper left-hand side of the screen
- Select “Privacy & Security”
- In the “Cookies” section, select one of the following options:
Allow local storage
- Keep local data only until I quit my browser
- Do not allow third-party sites to store data
- Block third-party cookies and website data
- By selecting the “All cookies and site data” button you can delete the cookies on your computer.
For more information please visit the related Opera page